Reviews Print Correction Save

Benefits & Council Tax, Croydon Council

Benefits & Council Tax, Croydon Council logo

Housing Benefit provides help with rent and Council Tax Benefit provides help with paying the Council Tax. You may get Housing Benefit or Council Tax Benefit if you have a low income and your savings are no more than a certain figure. 

If you claim Income Support or Pension Credit you will be given a Housing Benefit and a Council Tax Benefit Claim form to complete. If necessary a home visit can be arranged to help you to complete the forms or visit this page with information on how to apply

You can also find out how much benefit you could get? and find out if you can claim benefit straightaway.

Bernard Weatherill House, 8 Mint Walk, Croydon, Surrey, CR0 1EA
020 8726 7000 / Visiting Team: 020 8667 8336
Who is it for:
People receiving or applying for benefits
How to apply:
Contact direct

Related Information

Related Factsheets

Service Definitions

You may be entitled to receive benefits if you are on a low income or have certain costs to meet because of your personal situation. Check if any of the following apply to you. You're on a low income (employed or looking for work). You have dependent children. You're ill or disabled. You're caring for someone. You're aged 60 or over. You have been bereaved. You're pregnant or have recently had a baby. You can check whether you may qualify to receive financial or other support by contacting a benefits adviser service or by reading the attached fact sheets
Anything contributing to an improvement in condition; advantage; help
Financial advice is given on specific areas of your finances. It works well with financial planning for the whole of your financial security.
Advice for people with housing enquiries.For example,if they are moving property,are waiting to be allocated a local authority property or feel that they are living in sub-standard accomodation.